The Itzehoe region is the high-tech location in the north of the Hamburg metropolitan region. The direct highway connection to Hamburg and hourly trains provide first-class connections to the Hanseatic city for residents and businesses in the region. Hamburg Airport, which can be reached in about 45 minutes by car, is available for overcoming longer distances. In the future, the A20 freeway will also cross the A23 freeway, linking the region to important economic centers in northern, southern, western and eastern Europe. Waterways such as the Elbe, Stör and Kiel Canal are available for shipping.
The Itzehoe region stands for innovation & future
Along with Dresden, the Fraunhofer Institute for Silicon Technology (ISIT) is the leading institution in Germany with 150 scientists; the Itzehoe Innovation Center (IZET) provides technology transfer from ISIT.
Microtechnology: Vishay Siliconix Itzehoe GmbH has been producing power MOS transistors (MOSFETs) in Itzehoe for over 25 years. The construction of a second factory is being planned.
Holcim AG, with its plant in Lägerdorf, is one of the major cement producers in northern Germany; pump systems are exported worldwide by Sterling Fluid Systems (formerly SIHI) from Itzehoe. Other strongly represented industries in the region: suppliers to the automotive industry (Nier, Hohenlockstedt and TRW, Nordoe near Itzehoe), pharmaceutical manufacturers (Pohl-Boskamp, Hohenlockstedt), food and beverage producers (Rusch in Itzehoe) and the construction sector, such as window and door manufacturers (Rekord, Dägeling and INEFA, Itzehoe).
The Itzehoe region promotes talents…
…in cooperation with the Göttingen Expimental Laboratory, on excursions with school classes into the real world of research laboratories. Study locations are in the immediate vicinity with the West Coast University of Applied Sciences (Hochschule für Wirtschaft und Technik, Heide) and the wide range of study and further education opportunities in Hamburg.
The Itzehoe region with good marks as a start-up region
The Itzehoe region achieved 5th place in the nationwide ranking of all start-up regions; as a start-up center, the Itzehoe Innovation Center (IZET) informs start-ups and supports them with office, laboratory and production space as well as free information events and comprehensive consulting, education and qualification services through the project “Start-up: Start-ups”.
What makes the Itzehoe region so appealing and interesting:
- For freight forwarders and logistics companies, the region itzehoe has optimal transport links with the future intersection between the A20 and A23.
- Itzehoe, a medium-sized center, is very attractive as a retail location and is home to the largest shopping center on the west coast.
- Good shopping facilities within Itzehoe’s extensive pedestrian zone as well as sufficient parking spaces near the center are available.
- There are enough independent financial service providers.
- The Itzehoe region is an attractive place to live for young commuters, but also for the 50+ generation.
- A variety of leisure and recreational opportunities as well as a rich cultural offering provide for a well-developed social infrastructure.
- A high proportion of young entrepreneurs and start-ups revitalizes the Itzehoe region economically.