Kirche St. Laurentii Itzehoe
(c) Carsten Brecht
St. Laurentii was built between 1716 and 1718 as a three-nave baroque hall building made of brick with a wooden barrel vault stretched over it. Especially worth seeing: the baroque altar and pulpit, the surrounding gallery and the burial vault.
Under St. Laurentii are tombs of the collegiate ladies of the noble Itzehoe monastery and of members of the Rantzau count family. The metal coffins of the abbesses and the magnificent silver coffin of Count Christian zu Rantzau can be seen here.