Klappbrücke und Brückenwärterhaus Heiligenstedten
The Sturgeon Bridge has existed as a simple bridge with very thick wooden planks since 1442. In 1777 it was rebuilt into a bascule bridge. The neighboring thatched half-timbered house was purchased by the Heiligenstedten Bridge Interest Group as an apartment for the bridge keeper.
The bridge keeper opened the bridge to ships and collected bridge tolls from anyone crossing the bridge. In 1966, the wooden bridge was completely destroyed in a shipping accident; the new bridge was inaugurated in 1967.